Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread Update was not announced officially, though developers out at XDA Forums made it possible to port Gingerbread for such Low Legacy Device, Samsung Galaxy Mini. Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread 2.3.6 is based on CyanogenMod 7. Samsung Galaxy Mini Android 4.0 Update also rolled out but without camera.
In this tutorial, we will be flashing Official Cyanogen Mod Gingerbread update for Samsung Galaxy Mini in the easy steps. We need to perform each and every step, so please read carefully to get Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread Update on your phone.
Please note that you may also hard brick your phone in case if you don’t follow the steps carefully. So, please read all the steps carefully and do only what is mentioned.
By the Way, if you are doing this first time or even after bricking your phone. Don’t worry, you wont brick your phone if you follow the guide to get Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread Update on your phone.
Before proceeding the flashing part, we need to have some of the files and ROM. Download all the files below and save it on your Desktop.
- Odin Multi – Downloader for GT-S5570
- Tass.ops File for Galaxy Mini (Password : yagyagaire)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread 2.3.6 Official Update
Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread Update Guide
Charge your phone at least 80% and make sure you have already installed Samsung Drivers on your computer, otherwise it will not work. Make sure your PC or Laptop will run continuously, any undesired power off in the process may brick your phone.
After downloading all the above files, place them in a folder separately for easy access and perform the following steps carefully.
- Run Odin Multi Downloader you downloaded.
- Select Files as pointed.
- Click on OPS button and select Tass_v1.ops file you downloaded above.
- Check One Package check-box in the left Option Pane.
- Click on One Package button at the bottom and select the Gingerbread you downloaded above named “S5570ZSKPB_S5570OZSKPB_S5570XXKPL_HOME.tar.md5″
- Now Power Off your phone and then Press Home + Volume Down + Power Button to boot in Download Mode.
- You will see a Yellow Box appear on the Odin as shown in the Image mentioning “Detected” status. If not, try re-installing the Samsung USB Drivers on your Computer and start again.
- Just after you see the Detected Status on the Odin Interface, click on the Start button and the process of flashing will start. The flashing process will take around 5 Minutes. Make Sure you not disturb anything will the flashing procedure is going one.
After the process completes, your Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbread Update is ready to use, the phone will automatically reboot after the process and you will see the change in Interface. You can check the Android Version in Setting > About Phone.
And now, your phone is running on Official Cyanogen Mod 7 Gingerbread for Samsung Galaxy Mini.